Last Updated on by
This has always been my thought- how to force my android phone to load only 4G network, I got this request from a user of this blog about the method to force 4G network on android phone.
I made my research and I saw that some of the recently produced phone doesn’t have a standalone 4G network mode instead it’s either 4G/3G or 4G/3G/2G option and this hasn’t been easy since 4G networks don’t pop up easily only when you are in area with excess network service.
Then what is the essence of having a 4G featured Smartphone and not enjoying the feature whatsoever,
not a good benefit if that’s the case.
That’s why I bring forward the two methods to end this pain and get the best out of your browsing speed experience.
Read Also: How to paid for using your phone browser
The two methods are as follow:
First: Use of USSD Code
This has worked several times for me; it gives me total faith that I’ll be able to speed my browsing experience anytime any day.
The code is *#*#4636#*#* or dial *#36446337# for more result.
It is believed that this has worked more effectively on snapdragon processor based phone, when you dial the code you then get direct access to your phone Engineering mode.
With that you will be able set your preferred networks as 4G LTE only.
Second: Using 4G LTE Switcher app
I have seen many apps online and on Play Store, all stuffed with ads and may not be satisfying as you will experience difficulty using most of them.
Yet one comes free with no ads, this app 4G LTE Switcher (no ads) is effective and free of ads, this app has been tested on various phones and it works as expected.
This app has been well rated by users who has experienced using this app because of its best options. It works on Samsung, Sony and Infinix phones, giving me the assurance that it works well with phones that are powered by MediaTek.
If your phone is incompatible with app the try the USSD codes above for better result.
For Huawei phones
Some phones are with different processor, so is the Huawei phone. This method below will be of help to you in order to get the 4G forced networks on your phone.
- Go to Play store
- The is an app name “Setting Database editor”– Search for it
- Install the app then Open then you will see the below features System
- Choose the System function.
- Search for hw_networkmode_preference and the you will see “9,6,2,1” click on it
- add 11 to the number separated by a comma (,) the save changes.
- Now click on + Add new setting at the top of the app
- Click in on hw_add_4g_only and save
- On clicking on the edit setting, put in your country dialing code e.g USA +1, Nigeria +234
- Save the changes then close the app and restart your phone
- After that go to settings-> More -> Mobile network-> Preferred Network mode and you will select the option for you to choose 4G LTE only
Now you have learned the tricks to force the 4G Only Network on your phone to enjoy more browsing speed experience.
Kindly like, share and comment on this post as it help us work harder to serve you better.
And don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the blog newsletter to get more mind blowing tricks on Smartphone for extraordinary performance.